#HRBookClub August Selection
Hey, everybody, it’s August. Can you believe it?
Readers are leaders, and I created HR Books to help you read twelve books in 2018. We’re well on our way. So far, we’ve read:
- Braving the Wilderness
- Meditation for Fidgety Skeptics
- Year of Yes
- A Chance in the World
- New Rules of Work
- Everything Happens for a Reason
- Herding Tigers
- HR on Purpose
- Ask a Manager
- You Are a Badass
- Living With The Monks
Our August selection is “No Ego: How Leaders Can Cut the Cost of Workplace Drama, End Entitlement, and Drive Big Results” by Cy Wakeman.
You’ve probably seen Cy at SHRM and WorkHuman, but, if not, you’ll love the book and her style. She offers a commonsense and pragmatic look at leadership and employee engagement while saying something totally new: employee engagement is dead, and it’s all about employee accountability.
Here’s how you can participate:
- Read this book alongside the HR community and chime in with your thoughts in our Facebook group. You’ll find like-minded colleagues who are passionate about the future of work, talent and human resources.
- Want to learn more before you dive into the book? Cy Wakeman was my guest on the Let’s Fix Work podcast. Listen for an overview of the book and her fascinating outlook on the modern workforce.
- Sometimes reading feels like a chore. Don’t like this book? Make another suggestion, and I’ll share your ideas with our community.
- Are you falling behind on your reading goals? Go back and look at our other 2018 #HRBookClub selections and start today. Read 5-10 pages before you go to bed every night. It’s just that easy.
I’m excited to bring you the #HRBookClub, and I hope you invest your time in “No Ego: How Leaders Can Cut the Cost of Workplace Drama, End Entitlement, and Drive Big Results” by Cy Wakeman. I strongly recommend it.