Website New York Magazine
New York Media is a place where you can be yourself and make an impact.
New York Media energizes people around shared interests, igniting important conversations with a cosmopolitan point of view and providing the map to shrewdly navigate a fast-moving culture. We want to be a beloved habit for people around the world, with groundbreaking journalism at our core. By connecting our consumers to indispensable content and experiences, our media becomes the starting point from which we can provide innovative offerings across multiple platforms.
In Human Resources, we know that people are our most important asset. Strongly connected to everything New York Media does, our team is dedicated to finding the right people to work here and creating an engaging culture in which they can grow and collaborate.
The Head of HR is responsible for partnering with leadership to guide and drive our organization and talent strategy. This leader will provide support relating to all facets of Human Resources oversight, including the design and implementation of a human capital strategy focused on attracting, investing, engaging, and rewarding our people in the context of driving strong workplace culture within the organization. This leader will also oversee all HR functions, including talent acquisition, organization development and effectiveness, talent management, executive coaching, employee and labor union relations, compensation, benefits, HR compliance, and HR operations. The HR function is a key resource to meet the future needs of our growing and evolving business. HR’s strategic purpose includes supporting the company’s growth by ensuring that the organization attracts and retains the best people, implements best practices, provides talent development and support resulting in the inspiration and engagement of high-performing teams.
- Partner with the leadership team to drive an organization and talent strategy that supports the achievement of our business strategy and enables effective attraction, investment, engagement, and reward of our people.
- Build proactive, credible business relationships with leaders and employees at all levels.
- Liaise with labor union to negotiate and administer collective bargaining agreement.
- Administer or design and deliver best-in-class solutions to support our organization and talent strategy.
- Administer a performance management and measurement approach and process to ensure a clear link between individual performance with organization objectives.
- Foster and support our employer brand and lead a robust talent acquisition strategy that ensures a streamlined workflow and a robust pipeline of talent across major functions, increases our acquisition of diverse talent, and builds a more positive employer brand in the marketplace.
- Align organization design and culture with our priorities through workforce planning solutions, employee feedback mechanisms, and job and organization design.
- Empower and enable our career development and learning approach that embraces open-architected, organic development and considers employee profiles for different stages of the career lifecycle.
- Invest in people manager / leadership development by acting proactively as a resource to grow manager capability.
- Facilitate a meritocracy compensation philosophy and processes to link performance with rewards.
- Enhance onboarding process, resources, and culture to ensure that new hires integrate effectively into the organization.
- Design and develop tools/analytics to increase efficiencies, streamline processes, and drive innovation across all policies and programs in a way that measures ROI and proves value.
- Maintain other leadership responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field required
- Advanced degree or HR certification preferred
- Minimum 10 years Human Resources experience
- Functional strength in employee relations, compensation & benefits, training & organizational design, workforce planning, strategic staffing/recruitment.
- Strong leadership skills (leader, coach, mentor) with a strong sense of urgency and proven bias toward execution.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing technology-driven business preferred.
- Working knowledge of employment and immigration law.
- Effective communication skills (oral and written).
- Desire to be in an entrepreneurial, innovative, and growing corporate culture working alongside hard working, smart, and driven people with possible long hours.
- Energetic/upbeat attitude and proactive problem solver.
- Familiarity with HRIS software (ADP preferred), metrics, and various analytics and reporting systems and capabilities.
New York Media is a place where you can be yourself and make an impact. Our team members are creative and collaborative, and we want to be just as engaged and diverse as our audience. We know that cultivating diversity and fostering an inclusive work environment is crucial in maintaining our strength as a prominent media organization.
We create an environment where no individual is advantaged or disadvantaged because of their background. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
With a commitment to maintaining a bias-free environment in which harassment is prohibited, we respect cultural diversity and comply with the laws of the places in which we operate. We expect our business partners, suppliers, clients, and all of our team members to uphold these commitments.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org