Human Resources Business Partner
Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to nearly 5,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2017 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 25 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
Human Resources Business Partner
Day to day tasks will also include general HR services including employee relations, training and development, employee satisfaction strategies, and all other related HR functions. The successful candidate will have strong business acumen and experience working with employees and leaders in a high tech or consulting environment, and will develop a strong working relationship with internal leadership.
We are Slalom HR:
- We like to have fun. Who doesn’t?
- We brainstorm. Best way to come up with a good idea is eliminate a few bad ones.
- We pick each other up, let’s be real HR can be tough. There aren’t any breadsticks, but when you’re here you’re family.
- We smile A LOT. Coworker out of town for the holidays? Help us gift wrap their desk. And chair. And monitors. You get the idea.
- We build. When we aren’t creating amazing solutions, you can find us inventing something new to help our teams provide the best for their people.
- We have a purpose. We help our people, teams, and communities be amazing.
- Oh, and we were recently voted Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For 2018! But enough about us…
You may be a candidate for the Human Resources Business Partner role if:
· You are excited to get out of bed every day and see what you can tackle
· You are a self-starter with a creative energy and passion for problem solving
· Enjoy a Friday impromptu dance off! (no dancing skills required).
· You have a thorough understanding of HR practices.
Responsibilities for the Human Resources Business Partner:
- Providing management coaching to leaders
- Implementing and driving HR Programs
- Reviewing and analyzing business metrics including data on retention and employee experience in order to recommend systemic improvements
- Providing guidance and coaching to all levels of managers in addressing complex performance issues as well as prepare effective corrective action and termination documents. Providing training to managers and employees as needed.
- Clearly understanding the client business, mission, challenges, business initiatives and model. Consulting with senior management to influence and facilitate the development of their organizational priorities and related change initiatives.
- Monitoring and analyzing employee relations data and recommending appropriate intervention and training
- Complying with all existing governmental and labor laws
- Partnering with HR Manager to identify major problems and build effective solutions
- Protecting the interests of employees and the business in accordance with company HR policies and governmental laws and regulations
- Supporting employees through exiting process, including conducting exit interviews
- Supporting HR Manager with special projects
Qualifications for the Human Resources Business Partner:
· 10+ years of direct HRBP experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Human Resources
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- Experience working within the professional services industry or within a technology company preferred
- Ability to work in a professional environment and handle confidential information
- Ability to travel to the offices within the region and to Seattle as needed
- Demonstrated competence in organizational development, coaching, compensation, and employee relations
- Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity, recognize trends, and identify systemic approaches to solving problems in a fast-moving, constantly changing environment
- Experience working with managers and multi-client groups
- Demonstrated skills in business acumen, consulting, analysis, project management, communication, presentation, negotiation, conflict management, and problem solving
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.glassdoor.com/job-listing/hr-business-partner-slalom-JV_IC1140171_KO0,19_KE20,26.htm?jl=2677124124&utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic →